Urology Community

Bed-wetting Accidents, Please Help?

Please help!
I am 14 years old and a girl.
About a month ago I had a bed-wetting accident. I was upset over the incident, cleaned up, and went back to bed. It didn't happen again until about 3 days ago.
3 days ago I woke up to find myself wetting the bed. I freaked out, and was crying, but again cleaned up, and went back to bed. That following night again, I woke up to a wet bed. Same procedure, I cried all while cleaning myself up. And now last night once again I wet the bed. This time I was traumatized. I couldn't stop crying for a long time, and laid in bed in my wet clothes until I could gain control of myself.
I am really embarrassed by these incidents, and I don't want to go to sleep right now. I don't want to wet the bed again. But I have made a make-shift diaper for myself for now, in case I do wet again.
What is wrong with me? Are these accidents going to stop soon?
I haven't ever had this problem before, and I never wet the bed past age 4. There isn't any pain when I go to the bathroom, and I don't have day time accidents, so I don't think there's anything medical that's wrong with me.
Biggest problem is, I can't tell my mom about this. When she found out about my accident about a month ago I was grounded for 2 weeks for being lazy. I really don't want to tell her about my last 3 accidents.
But what should I do? Should I wait it out and see, and get some diapers to keep me dry at night? Do you think diapers would be helpful? I'm really tired of wetting my sheets and having to clean them, it's gross and embarrassing.
Please help me i feel like a little child for doing this, and I don't want to go to sleep, I'm afraid i'll wet again.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
I fully empathize with you and ask you to seek medical help immediately from your doctor.

The reasons could be stress, functionally small bladder, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, urinary bladder wall instability, UTI, stones and neurological problems.

I think you should discuss this with your parents first. It is a difficult situation, your mother may be angry but you can take her to your PCP with you who can make her understand that this bed wetting can be due to an underlying problem. You will need to undergo a few tests to reach a diagnosis. Meanwhile restrict your fluid intake after evening. Set an alarm and get up 2 hours after sleeping to void your bladder. Hope these tips will help you to some extent. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!