Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Bladder irritation.

I'm a 44 year old male, two weeks ago I had visible blood and painful urination. Went to the Doc who prescribed me antibiotics for 7 days and sent off a urine sample for testing. This came back negative for UTI. The antibiotics actually cleared up almost all my symptoms, frequent urination, blood and pain while urinating within a few days. Anyway I was sent to a urologist a week later who done an ultrasound which was clear and a cystoscopy which showed inflammation of my bladder consistent with an infection. My GP tells me that I can put cancer out of my head as it would have shown on either or both of those exams (still not that easy) and I am still waiting on the results of a blood test and cytology and have to have a CT Scan with Contrast at the end of the month. All standard procedure on the NHS in cases of visible haematuria in men. Anyway my problem is that now it's two weeks after the onset of the UTI and while most of the symptoms have totally gone, I still have intermittent discomfort (feels like pressure rather than pain) in my bladder region. My doc said it will go in time, but nothing I have read seems to confirm this. Has anyone else had a UTI where they have similar symptoms after finishing antibiotics? I'm increasingly getting worried....
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.