Urology Community

Bladder problems

Following on from an attack in Malaysia (4 stab wounds to the abdomen and one in the back for good luck) I had to have a Laparotomy. It was discovered that my bladder had been pierced and i had to have a SPC. Upon returning to the UK i have since have 2 separate procedures (urethral dilation) neither of which have worked. At the beginning of August i had a complex urethroplasty all the time the SPC has been in place. Once the urethral catheter was removed roughly 2 weeks ago i've found that my bladder is not emptying fully. I'm still having to use the SPC to fully void.
Questions i have is, will the bladder regain strength to empty once the SPC is removed, are there any exercise or medication i can take to help improve my bladder strength?

Thanks in advance for any help.