This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Blocked Semen?

Diagnosed with a cyst near the top of my testicle that is not attached to the testicle but some other structure inside.  Roughly the same time this cyst appeared, my ejaculate also decreased noticeably.  Literally in half.  

When I ejaculate, the "drained" feeling is now always in the other testicle.  The testicle in question has no draining sensation at all anymore. However ive experienced no pain or other sensations whatsoever... at any time.

I was told cysts are harmless and should be ignored.

1)  In your opinion, what are % the chances that a cyst could block the flow of semen out of the testicle?  It seems to be in the exact proper location...

2)  What is the proper tool that would be used to prove or disprove whether this cyst is blocking the tube?  A standard ultrasound or would something that can see actual tissue be required?

3)  In your professional opinion, is it even possible to have a cyst blocking a sperm tube that often explodes during ejaculation?  Seems like it might one day burst and cause problems.  Or maybe the testicle just stops producing new sperm when the current sperm never leave....

4)  Assuming worst case scenario, suggested treatment would be surgery I assume?
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 1
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
To answer your questions:
1) I cannot give a probability without knowing the location and size of the cyst.  Indeed, most cysts are harmless and the scenario you describe would be uncommon.

2) Imaging, such as an ultrasound or MRI may be helpful in ruling out this scenario.

3) I am not aware of many cases where benign cysts are in a position to block the semen.  

4) Surgery would be the treatment if this was the case.

I would discuss these questions with a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed