Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Blood and protein in urine, water retention

Hi, i am 29 year old single female. active and considerably healthy. i've been on Apo-amilzide, a potassium-sparing diuretic for the past 5 years. I was prescribed the medication (by a nefrologist) to subside the water retention i was suffering. in the first 2 months aft i started the medication, i lost almost 6KG, which was mainly water. I continued to lose weight gradually. my weight is now 53kg, i am 158cm. After going for my check-up in the first 3 years, the doc ruled me out of SLE, kidney stones and any other kidney related diseases. I admit that my salt intake is quite excessive comparatively. However, there were times when i experiment taking my meals with lowered or without sodium, but, my situation did not improve even after 1 week.  Since 3 years ago, i've increased my dosage from 1 pill to 3 pills. And lately, my feet swell again. I don't think i want to up my dosage again. What else could it be? and what should i do? I've read some articles online and found that Edema could be the closest explanation to my current situation, though there was no scientific name given by my doc to my current situation. Hope you can help.

Joey
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.