Urology Community

Blood in Urine: Post PVP surgery

I am new to this forum, so there may answers (which I have not yet read) to my concern. Please bear with me.

I had a PVP procedure 4 days ago. The catherer was removed with 48 hours, and I have been peeing without difficulties since.

However, even though I was advised that there would be blood in my urine for 6 weeks, I was not told how much blood I would be voiding.

Currently I am voiding about nine times per day. At the end of each trip, I lose what looks like a teaspoon full of blood.

My concern obviously is "Am I losing too much blood?"

How do I replace this blood that I am losing?. Should I be taking some tonic or vitamin?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Tie

This discussion is related to BPH/Bladder/Ureter problems.