Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Blood in Urine

Hi, Im a 36yo Male.  I had a vasectomy about 6 months ago.  Sperm count confirmed successful, and no signs of complications.  I recently started a new diet and have been drinking more water than usual.  Yesterday, I had to urgently urinate due to the extra water.  I also think I had some dried semen in there.  I typically try to urinate after sex, but this time I didnt.  Also, during the urination, I had a bowel movement occur.  That is odd for me, but this diet is adjusting my guts a little, in a good way!  Anyways, in the middle of the urination/bm i felt a sharp pain.  The pain made me stop the bm, but finish the urination.  There was noticable blood in the urine.  This repeated for the next uriniations.  Later that evening, I completed the bm, and it felt a little relief.  The blood and pain has continued today, but it is much less.  

I am the type to let this ride out a few days to see if it gets better on its own before seeing a dr.  

Any advice?  
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.