Urology Community

Blood in Urine

Hi, Im a 36yo Male.  I had a vasectomy about 6 months ago.  Sperm count confirmed successful, and no signs of complications.  I recently started a new diet and have been drinking more water than usual.  Yesterday, I had to urgently urinate due to the extra water.  I also think I had some dried semen in there.  I typically try to urinate after sex, but this time I didnt.  Also, during the urination, I had a bowel movement occur.  That is odd for me, but this diet is adjusting my guts a little, in a good way!  Anyways, in the middle of the urination/bm i felt a sharp pain.  The pain made me stop the bm, but finish the urination.  There was noticable blood in the urine.  This repeated for the next uriniations.  Later that evening, I completed the bm, and it felt a little relief.  The blood and pain has continued today, but it is much less.  

I am the type to let this ride out a few days to see if it gets better on its own before seeing a dr.  

Any advice?