Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Boy with Incontinence

My grandson is 11 years old. He has had a burst of incontinence during his basketball practices. He release a lot of urine and says that once it starts coming he can't stop it. He says this has also happened in school but not as much as in basketball practise but where he still gets a wet spot on his pants. It's not just a dribble.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
The symptoms are suggestive of stress or urge incontinence. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and getting the uroflowmetry test done which actually tests the emptying of the urinary bladder. There are drugs to take care of incontinence like oxybutinin but this needs to be taken only after consulting a urologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.