Urology Community

Boy with Incontinence

My grandson is 11 years old. He has had a burst of incontinence during his basketball practices. He release a lot of urine and says that once it starts coming he can't stop it. He says this has also happened in school but not as much as in basketball practise but where he still gets a wet spot on his pants. It's not just a dribble.
The symptoms are suggestive of stress or urge incontinence. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and getting the uroflowmetry test done which actually tests the emptying of the urinary bladder. There are drugs to take care of incontinence like oxybutinin but this needs to be taken only after consulting a urologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Hope it helps. Take care and regards.