Bump on penis is getting bigger...

Hello all. I have a bump on shaft of penis. Ive had it for about 3 months now, I originally thought it was just a pimple, from sweating, heat, etc. But it seems to be getting larger and not forming head. It feels hard and lumpy. When I do try to 'pop' it white smegma like substance seeps thru pores, and has cheesy smell.( I am circumcised though). I went doctor and he seems to think it's herpes and am awaiting test results , though I really dont think it's that. Since ive tried to repeated pop it, is now larger and has a yellowish milky discharge. Seems very similar to ingrown hair or infected pimple. Any advice?
Hey.  Don't 'pop' bumps on your penis.  That is how things get infected.  It could be a pimple, infected hair follicle, ingrown hair or herpes as your doctor stated.  From what you are describing it doesn't sound like herpes but I would follow up with testing.  You really need to work with your doctor and keep your hands off of it.  It could also be a cyst or a papule.  https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/cyst-on-penis  You really need them to swab the area now and test it as you want to rule out herpes although that would not have been what I would guess it is from your description.  I'm doubtful. But now it has to be ruled out. https://www.healthline.com/health/health-penis-sores  Often a herpes sore is uncomfortable or painful.  
This is not herpes. It wouldn't last that long, and wouldn't have that kind of discharge.

Did you get results yet from your doctor?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community