This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Burning sensation after ejaculating

Hi, for about 10 or so years i have had a mild to high burning sensation in the urethra after ejaculating. This only lasts for about 10 min to an hour, i have not seen any doctors about it but on the std forum i found that i am not alone in this category, the doc on that forum said it was definatly not an std and to check with urology. this problem is inconsistent  because it doesn't happen all the time, and its actually a relief to urinate as this takes the pain away until im finished then its back. I also heard from another person that when semen and urine are combined they create a sort of acidic solution that can agitate the urethra or a high acidic urine as well, is this true? When this first started happening i had not had sex with any other person, could this be a semi rash from masturbating to frequently? Another option i investigated is having an infection, either just in the groin or even further in the stomach like a yeast infection? Any how all these questions pertain directly the main deli-ma that there is a burning sensation directly after ejaculation. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.  
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
If infection has been ruled out, an anatomical abnormality like a urethral stricture or polyp can be considered.  

The most comprehensive test to evaluate for this would be a cystoscopy - and can be performed by your urologist.

I am not aware of a yeast infection in the stomach leading to such symptoms.  

A groin infection may cause referred pain to the penis - but this is uncommon.  Imaging the pelvis can rule out infections in this area.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician or urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed