Urology Community
19.4k Members
Avatar universal

CT or MRI for finding blockage

For years I've been suffering from testicle pain (mainly in the right side).
It was first diagnosed as a vericocele, but lately the urologist realized the pain origin is a dilated vas deference on the right side.
He thinks there's some blockage in that system and now I need to go to MRI or CT.
one urologist recommended MRI and another one recommended CT.
I'm not sure, and I need to decide very soon which test to do.
Can you please help me with that? If we ignore the cost, which test is better for diagnosing the cause of blockage?

Thanks a lot !!
1 Responses
11369760 tn?1449507972
The CT scan would hit you with a large dose of radiation, while the MRI would not, therefore, if you have a choice, go with the MRI.  Another option may be an ultrasound which also does not use radiation.  
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.