Catheter Removal Symptoms (Urology)

Hello, I was in a motorcycle accident, broken pelvis and some torn muscles in my leg. I had a Foley catheter inserted and left in for 3 and a half months. I was astonishingly able to void after the catheter was removed on my own. Not very much at all, maybe 1 to 2 oz. However it's been 48 hours after and i'm now voiding exactly 8 oz every 2-3 hours. I drink only water, 5-6 cups a day (10oz). I'm getting mixed answers on every urology website I review.

How much urine should I expect to produce per void and per day?

How long does it take for sexual function to return after a foley has been removed?

When should I expect the discomfort of voiding to subside?

Thanks for the help!
I think you should consult your urologist on this, but I think it depends on why you had a catheter.  I had one after surgery for an enlarged prostate, and so I'm sure that experience is much different than if you don't have a problem in that area.  But my experience, and I only had it in for 3 days, is that yeah, it takes the body some time to get back to normal whenever you alter it and then try to put it back to normal.  Give it some time is what the urologist is likely to say, but again, because it's probably going to be different depending on why the catheter was put in there generalizations probably won't help you any.  Your experience will be your experience, not mine.  Mine hasn't been that great, but it seldom is for those who get prostate surgery.  It wasn't working all that way in the first place, after all.  So my experience won't likely have anything to do with yours.

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community