Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Chronic UTI's and kidney stones

Having spent a lot of time at Ford hospital as a kid for UTI's, this is not new to me.  However, I am now 58 (living in Idaho with very few good doctors), and I have had kidney stones 3 times in the last year and 3 UTI's in the last 2 mos.  I am put on Cipro, things clear up, and in no time, I have the same symptoms of a UTI and am put back on Cipro.  I have all the symptoms of a UTI, but my doc suggested maybe a fallen bladder, which I don't have the symptoms of.  I had a complete hysterectomy in 1976 so wouldn't I have had problems before now?  After having my hysterectomy, I had no UTI problems until just recently.  I cannot get in to see a urologist for another month.  Why the chronic stones and UTI's?  Can certain meds have anything to do with this?  I am currently on neurontin, prednisone, methotrexate, feldene, cholyestramine(sp?), and lipitor.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.