Urology Community

Do I have kidney stones or a back spasms.

I saw blood when I went to the restroom last week but also sustained a fall on Friday. I don't know if it is kidney stones or a back spasm.

I saw blood when I wiped on Tuesday, on Friday I fell on my hardwood floor. 2 days later on Sunday night I had a slight pain in my left and right sides. It wasn't severe. I thought the pain was similar to the pain I experience when I don't drink water for a while. I drank water all night Sunday and Monday at work. Monday evening at home I took a hot bath and the pain got worse on my right side and my back. The pain was excruciating. I could not stand up straight or turn or bend.  It felt like something inside my body was twisting and turning. It caused me to scream and cry. The pain and feeling happend when I tried to sit or stand. If I stood still it may pause for 2 seconds then start up again.

I am out of work so I had to go to the public hospital emergency room. They took a urine sample and x ray of my body. The nurse suspected kidney stones but the x ray and urine test came back fine. They prescribed neproxin and told me to put heat on it and drink lots of water. It is wednesday and the pain is still happening. It is not as severe as before but there is a constant throbbing and twisting on my right side and the mid area  of my back between my hips and the bottom of my shoulder blade.

I don't what it is but I can't imagine having this pain longer than another day. What could it be? What kind of doctor do I need to see? What kind of tests do I need to get?

Please help me someone. ***@****
      How are you? Dripping of frank blood after urination can be due to stones in the urinary tract, infections, cysts, tumors of the urinary tract. The symptoms that you mentioned like excruciating pain and twisting like feeling can be due to muscle spasm, renal colic or ovarian cyst.
I would suggest that you get a Ct scan abdomen done and  visit a urologist.
Best.
Thank you for responding to my desperate plea. The pain has lessened some. I could lay down and sleep last night. I have been looking to see if a stone passed but I don't see anything. I am making an appointment for a mri and to see a urologist.