This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal


  Doctor Last September i had pain in my left Testical and noticed
  that the pipe that carrys my sperm was swolen and wraped around the testical like a snake. I went to my doctor and he said it was a sist and gave me some antibotics. Well they worked for a month and i moved to europe approx a month later the same pain returned but not the swelling and i went to a doctor her and he said i had epididymo-orchitis. He put me on a corse of Augmentin and told me it could take 6 months to get rid of it. Well it worked for a while and came back each time i ran out of medication then he tried velosef and the same thing it went for a few weeks and then came back.
  I went to see a urioligst and he said it was something i was getting from my wife and gave me some medication for her.
  After about 6 weeks i still had it and went back to him to find out that he said it was in my head and he would send me to another doctor to kill the nerve.So Much for him.
  I went back on Augmentin and it left and came back again.
  Then i went to another specialist and he said he couldent find anything wrong but that i diddent have Epididymo because the swelling was gone.
  Its now 10 mts later and still have the pain it appears to be where the pipe (what ever its called) comes out from the testical the problem is. If i tuch it ther its verry sensitive in comparison to the other side. I return to the states next week and am going back to my original doctor who saw the swelling the first day. Any Ideas what would be causing this ?
  Thanks K.
Dear K
Thanks for your question.
Epididymorchitis EO is very common and is treated with antibiotics.  The pain usually goes away over a few days to a week but the swelling can stay for a month or two.  It is uncommon to have many recurrences of EO.  Since you have had  recurrent bout of EO you probably need a workup.  A UTI workup includes a xray for the kidneys using dye called an IVP or an Ultrasound  and a cystoscopic exam.  A cystoscopic exam is when the doctor uses a lighted telescope to look into the bladder.  These two tests may reveal an infected stone which could be seeding your epididymis with bacteria.  He may also may want to see who well you bladder is emptying.   Stagnant urine can help bacteria grow.   A cyst of the epididymis is usually benign but can be painful.  Surgery is a usually a last resort to remove the cyst for pain. Good luck.  
More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its urban campuses by calling  (1 800 653 6568). We can also arrange local accommodations through this number if this is your need. Please bring any physicians
Read more
Discussion is closed
Follow - 0
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
A related discussion, Orchitis - How do I get rid of Orchitis? was started.
Discussion is closed