Urology Community

Erectocele, sigmoidecele

Could prolapsed bladder erectocele and sigmoidocele (pouch of Douglas) cause cramping in intestines and lower back when a meal is digested and then bowel movement. I have been to Cleveland Clinic for severe cramping when ready for bowel movement. This was diagnosis and treated for IBS. Meds do not help this situation ... wondering if anyone else has experienced.
Questions to physicians would be since I had complete hysterectomy and everything has dropped should I seek a surgeon to lift up ? Very painful. Also incontinence is becoming on issue feeling like pressure there.
Thank you appreciate your thoughts or anyone thoughts from forum on this subject.
Your GI and gyne symptoms are probably not connected. You may need to have additional vaginal repair to help you deal with incontinence. You may also need to have colonoscopy to sort your bowel problems.