Urology Forum

Extreme Muscle Weakness and Fatigue after Ejaculation

I am a 28 year old male and since last once month I have been experiencing extreme lower thigh and limb muscular weakness and fatigue after ejaculation. Since then I have had deteriorating muscle strength in my legs and increasing fatigue. Earlier I used to feel weak after ejaculation, but I guess that is normal. But these days after ejaculation or masturbation, I feel my mind not being at ease and after a few minutes I start to expericence severe muscular pains and stiffness in my limbs. I'm suffering from extreme fatigue these days. Could it be some kind of harmonal imbalances? I have checked up with my GP for possible causes(any viral infections, thyroid, rheumatoid disorders, gravis, muscle wastage, anxiety & depression disorders) and so far everything has come out normal. I am at loss to find out what is causing this muscular pains in my legs triggered a month ago by ejaculation. The pain is quite similar to being as if I have run on a treadmill all day long. I will be meeting a neurologist next week.
Difficult to say without examination.  Depending on what was done, it would seem that many of the major causes have been ruled out with the blood tests.  In addition to what you mentioned, I would also consider a B-12 level, blood count, metabolic panel, and aldolase/CK levels (the latter to evaluate the myositis).  

If the tests continue to be non-revealing, I agree with the neurology referral.  Electrodiagnostic testing can be considered to evaluate for neuropathy.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
A related discussion, Severe weakness after ejaculation was started.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.