Urology Community

Feel like I need to pee constantly

Ok, so this happens to me every so often and it usually lasts only a few days. What happens is, I will feel like my bladder is full and that I'm about to pee myself so I run to the bathroom but I only pee a little bit and it's usually clear. I don't drink a lot even though I should, and as of the past week I haven't exactly eaten a lot either. And when I do eat, its not always healthy. I don't know if my diet has something to do with this though. I don't get headaches and I don't feel dehydrated either. It just feels like an intense need to pee but it's never a lot when I do go. No pain or anything associated with this and no blood.
Hi Wolfie,

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing intense urges to urinate. I've had that feeling also - but only when I've had a UTI (Urinary Track Infection).

Your sx (symptoms) are usually associated with a UTI. When your bladder becomes inflamed and or irritated your bladder muscle spasms. That spasm causes the intense urge to urinate. The muscle "fires" or spasms all the time instead of just when your bladder is full.

If you don't have a UTI than you may be experiencing bladder spasms. Why? Your healthcare provider needs to determine the reason. A U..A (Urine analysis) may provide you with answers -  at least it's a painless and non-invasive means to begin the search for a dx (diagnosis).

Please make an appt with your PCP. It's a beginning and if you need to be referred to a Urologist I'm confident your PCP will do so.

Best of luck to you. Please keep us updated.

Take Care,
~Tuck