Urology Community

Female new to self-catheterization with questions!!!

I'm new to cathing and am looking for someone to help me adjust - I've been avoiding using the restroom anywhere other than home, can anyone give me any pointers on how to go about cathing in a public restroom?  

Additionally, I'm in the military and am being medically retired for this condition, I'm scared that I won't be able to find employment.  What types of careers are out there that can accomodate this condition?

My urologist is awesome, but it's a different world knowing what goes into self-catheterization and actually having to do it/live with it.  I'm looking for someone who I can talk to who can answer my questions from experience.  Please help!!!
Hi there!

Using public restrooms for self-cathing should not be a problem, just make sure not to get the catheter contaminated. Though I am not sure about the primary condition in your case, loss of bladder function with adequate management should not be an issue with finding jobs other than those that require working under stress or emergency.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!