Avatar universal

Flaky dry patch with dull ache in testicles

I noticed for the last week a  2mm circular/oval shaped flaky dry red patch at the base of the penis (on the top of the shaft near my pelvis)  I dont have any on the glans.  When i rub the "flake" off it leaves a light red/pinkish color, and is shinnier than the surrounding skin. It is flush with my skin, as in not raised or indented in any way.  The spot is painless and has no raised red borders, discharge, fever, chills, etc. it DOES NOT itch.  I also have an ache in my testicles and it doesn't hurt to pee.  I am sexually active, monogomous for 7 years.  My question is this fungus, eczema, irritation, etc? Any thoughts? Thanks.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
See my profile picture if you'd like a visual.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
For such a dry flaky patch, dry skin and psoriasis should be ruled out. Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin. It is thought that psoriasis occurs when the immune system overreacts, causing inflammation and flaking of skin.
I suggest you an immediate dermatologist’s evaluation to check out this possibility and confirm the diagnosis after investigations.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.