Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Folliculitis

Hi, I'm 16, almost 17, and i got folliculitis on my scrotum two weeks ago. I've been taking antibiotic creams, such as Bactroban, for the past two weeks, and it has been helping, but whenever an infected hair follicule heals up, it seems a blister appears, then when the blister goes away, another blister appears. If the antibiotics don't work, is there any other things i should consider? Like, laser removal or draining?
4 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

Can you elaborate on the blister? Folliculitis usually presents with a pimple like lesion caused by an inflamed or infected hair follicle.  This usually resolves on its own and has a tendency to recur. Topical antibiotic and warm compresses may help. However, have this evaluated further for proper management and to rule out other causes such as boils, herpes or other skin conditions.  Direct clinical examination is important to determine the underlying cause.

Take care and keep us posted.
hi there i have folliculitis as well and i was wondering if you new or had any suggestion on how to remove the scars. After the bumps go away they leave dark spots im wondering will i need to have cosmetic surgery its embarrassing and i want them removed any suggestions. ps i have been able to control my outbreaks with an antibiotic.thanks
sorry about your issue i heard it is painful to deal with. I know some one with folliculitis and they say the same thing when one goes away another comes out. what antibiotics you take for it?
nvm, it was actually scabies. had to get rid of it with 2 uses of Kwellada-P. bleh, it makes your skin peel. as for the scars, i think they're healing, but very slowly
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.