This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal
Foreskin Blocking Erection?

I'm a 19-year-old, uncircumsized male, and recently I've been having a problem getting full erections.  A few weeks back I noticed some new veins at the base of the right side of my penis, which was later followed by an ache under the skin there (the veins were fine to the touch and so was the shaft, so the ache seemed to be far under the skin).  Though the ache began to go away while flaccid after a couple of days, it remained after getting erections, and eventually the head of my penis (especially on the right side) would not get erect at all with the shaft unless I pulled the foreskin down.  I went to the urologist and everything seemed to be fine, so he suggested it was just minor irritation and that I should simply wait a while.  

After a few weeks, the ache has disappeared completely, but whenever I get an erection (including at night) the head will not get erect with the shaft unless I pull the foreskin back behind the glans.  If I don't, the blood seems to flow in and then immediately flow out again, and while semi-erect the head remains flaccid while the shaft is getting firm.  The foreskin has always been a little tight, but not so much that it prevented me from pulling it back over the head while erect (it does require a bit of effort, however).  Once I do pull the foreskin back, erections are fine, though afterwards they seem to take longer to subside than they used to, as if the blood doesn't flow out as quickly.  I've noticed that my penis has generally gotten larger in the past few weeks as well, especially while erect, so I believe my penis may still be growing (the rest of me is, too).  Is this a serious problem, and should I go back to a urologist?  How can it be helped?  And could it simply be a temporary result of penis growth or some sort of irritation?  I'm afraid my doctor will just think I'm crazy if I go back again, because besides the erection thing I seem to be perfectly healthy.
Discussion is closed
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
Difficult to say without evaluation.

Phimosis is possible, where the foreskin is too tight, causing discomfort during erections.  

In any case, I would consider a referral to a urologist.  If conservative measures cannot solve the problem, a surgical procedure may be necessary.  In most cases, circumcision is the procedure that is most commonly done.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician or urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed