This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Frenulum inflamed, opening inflamed, weird sensation

I'm 28 and uncircumcised. For about 5-7 days my frenulum has looked redder and has appeared to be inflamed/thick. The bottom part that attaches to the shaft is undoubtedly more red and more thick. In addition, the opening of my penis looks inflamed. It looks more like "lips" than it used to, and the one side seems to be sorta red going up onto the head. It doesn't look like a lesion or anything, just an inflammation.

The weirdest part, though, is that I have this constant "discomfort" of sorts. It's not pain whatsoever. In fact, it feels more like a feeling I'd get if I was close to orgasm or just had an orgasm. Yeah, that wasn't so bad for the first day, but after a while it begins to be annoying, and makes me think something might be wrong. The sensation is hard to pinpoint, too. I feel like it could be coming from the shaft.

I think it might be an infection, since I had another weird problem a couple months ago and touch that area of my penis more often than normal, and more often than I probably should (like the doctor did, I'll stretch out the skin near the frenulum). Does it sound like an infection to you? Would a steroid cream help or do I need antibiotics? Why am I having such a weird sensation? Is there any chance this is an STD or something worse?

Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
Infection would be the first thing that comes to my mind.  It can be a form of urethritis or STD for instance.

Checking for these possibilities is relatively straightforward - it consists of checking the urine for gonorrhea and chlamydia, as well as sending the urine off for urinalysis.  

If these tests are negative, you may want to consider evaluation of the prostate to rule out prostatitis.  

If infection is not possible, then dermatitis is a possibility, and can be treated with a steroid cream.

You may want to discuss these options with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
Discussion is closed