Urology Community

Frequent Urination

Since the last few days, the frequency of my urination has increased. I do not have any other symptoms. The color of the urine is normal and there is no burning. I do not feel pain anywhere. Its just that previously i was passing urine 3-4 times a day and now it has increased to 8 times. I am consuming the same amount of fluids as before. I am not diabetic and my urinalysis came out normal. What could be causing this? Please help!
In females, increased frequency of urination can be the earliest symptoms of pregnancy. Other than that, it can be due to excessive intake of liquids, diuretic substances (including tea, caffeine, alcohol, certain drugs), anxiety, exposure to cold, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus (central or nephrogenic), urinary tract infections or obstruction, etc to name a few more common ones. I suggest you to take opinion of your doctor who would do a clinical examination and advice for needful tests.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards