Urology Community

Frequent Urination

I'm not sure if I have this in the correct category. I am a 24 year old male who is not overweight, works out five days a week, and generally eats healthy. I don't smoke or use drugs. I do drink on occasion. I constantly find myself going to the bathroom to urinate. When I finishing urinating, I nearly immediately feel the urge to go again. I have been to the doctor but nothing came up. I was tested for infection and an STD (I've not been sexually active in four months). Any ideas? I have to be really careful how many times I go to a doctor because I cannot afford to change my high deductible insurance right now...
-BMN
YOU MAY HAB\VE A WEAK BLADDER. i HAVE HAD IT ALL MY LIFE ITS CALLED INTERSTITIAL CYCTITIS. HAVE YOUR DR SEND YOU TO A UROLOGIST.
I think I will just go ahead and schedule an appointment with a urologist. I just moved so I need a new doctor anyway... We'll see what it is. Can it be fixed or controlled through medication?
Also, I am not in any pain at all during the day in any part of my body so that's why the problem is so strange because it's just the single symptom...
How are you? When did you first experience this frequent urination? What medications are you taking right now? Frequent urination may be caused by: urinary tract infection, interstitial cystitis, intake of diuretics and other medications, radiation therapy or bladder dysfunction. It would really help if you consult with the urologist for further evaluation and management.

Take care and keep us posted.
I've had this problem for about nine months now. I was tested by my previous physician for an infection and various STD's all of which came back negative. I am not on any medications other than Men's Health One A Day vitamins and some over the counter cold medication. I am trying to eliminate caffeine from my diet but even that hasn't changed anything. I need to find a new physician before I can be referred to a urologist.
Just wanted to bump and update this thread. I still have not gotten any relief from whatever is causing me to spend most of my days in the bathroom. I had a very painful cystoscopy at my urologist's office that turned up no answers. I was given Uroxatral to try but have seen no difference in almost three weeks. I've also started to take saw palmetto about two weeks ago but still nothing. I just can't feel relieved after I go to the bathroom. I always feel like I have to urinate. My bladder empties fine, according to uroflow tests but my stream is that of a man in his 80's not a man like me who will be 25 in December.