Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Frequent urge to urinate, neg STD tests

I am a 28 year old male. Tested negative for all STDs about five months ago.

Approximately two weeks ago, I traded unprotected oral sex (received and gave) with another man and was the receptive anal sex partner (though we used a condom for anal). About a week later, I had one drop of white discharge, urge to urinate and some burning when urinating. I went to an Urgent Care doctor who prescribed me Cefpodoxime and Doxycycline. In the first day, the discharge and burning went away. However, about four days later, I developed a frequent urge to urinate.

After two weeks of treatment, I went to a urologist. I developed some pain in my pelvis and minor chills, but no fever. He took a urine sample (waiting on results) and prescribed me a 3-day z-pack (Azithromycin). For the first two days, the urge to go reduced and pains were gone.. but then the urge to go came back on day 3. Doctor hasn't checked the prostate yet but said it is unlikely for someone my age to have a prostate problem.

I only hooked up with one guy who just happened to be tested last week and all of his results are negative. Also, he said he had no symptoms. For me, the only problem is the urge to go but it is very annoying. It's usually worse at night when I'm laying down to go to bed.

Please give me some guidance on what to do.. this is literally ruining my life and I am losing hope. I can't live like this. :(
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.