Urology Community

Frequent urge to urinate, neg STD tests

I am a 28 year old male. Tested negative for all STDs about five months ago.

Approximately two weeks ago, I traded unprotected oral sex (received and gave) with another man and was the receptive anal sex partner (though we used a condom for anal). About a week later, I had one drop of white discharge, urge to urinate and some burning when urinating. I went to an Urgent Care doctor who prescribed me Cefpodoxime and Doxycycline. In the first day, the discharge and burning went away. However, about four days later, I developed a frequent urge to urinate.

After two weeks of treatment, I went to a urologist. I developed some pain in my pelvis and minor chills, but no fever. He took a urine sample (waiting on results) and prescribed me a 3-day z-pack (Azithromycin). For the first two days, the urge to go reduced and pains were gone.. but then the urge to go came back on day 3. Doctor hasn't checked the prostate yet but said it is unlikely for someone my age to have a prostate problem.

I only hooked up with one guy who just happened to be tested last week and all of his results are negative. Also, he said he had no symptoms. For me, the only problem is the urge to go but it is very annoying. It's usually worse at night when I'm laying down to go to bed.

Please give me some guidance on what to do.. this is literally ruining my life and I am losing hope. I can't live like this. :(