Urology Community

Frequent urination

Hello Doctor;
today i have finishd my 3 days course of Ciprofloxacin 500 mg, my aunty told me that that is the course of 3 days and now i dont need to take ciproflocaxin more.. as i said i dont have medical insurance so i cant cosult a Doc, and my aunt is a doc so she gave me that medcine 6 tablets for 3 days( i ve taken twice a day)..
after taking these medcine the frequency of urine is not dat much frequnet as before, like i dont have to pee after every 10-15 mins, BUT i still have some problem.. if i drink water than i have to urinate after 30 mins..
or sometimes i go to bathroom 2-3 times, after that..
i had been drinking 2-3 glasses of water per day for 10-12 yrs( im 22),, sometimes 4 glass but not more than that.. i think thats y i have this urine problem:(.. and now i am drinking 5-6 glass per day and i have to urinate more frequent.. plz suggest me the time when i shold drink water and how much ??
like when i get up in the morning should i drink 1 glass of water b4 breakfast??
and what should i do to make my urinary tract and kidneys healthy??
i heard that cranberry juice is very effective for urinary tract ??
Please complete the course of antibiotic that you were told to take.
The normal course of ciprofloxacin treatment is 500 mg twice daily for 5 to 7 days.

Stopping treatment at 3 days can cause incomplete treatment of the infection and can result in drug resistance. This means that the infective organism will continue to grow and cause a recurrence of symptoms and would have developed resistance to ciprofloxacin.

Water intake should be over 8 glasses per day or 2000 ml.
Pass urine as soon as you feel the urge and do not try to hold urine for longer as this can cause infections and kidney stones.

Cranberry and other citrus juices and citrus fruits help in washing away the infective organism from the urinary tract.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards,