Urology Community

Have I got Kidney Stones?

I am suffering from recurrent pain in my left loin area and passing huge amounts of urine on a half hourly basis! There is no pain whatsoever upon urination, but at times I feel really nauseous particularly when the pain hits an all time high. I am not passing any blood, although there is a dragging sensation low down in my abdomen. I have been prescribed dihydrocodeine for pain and wondered whether it's possible I have kidney stones!

This discussion is related to ENLARGED KIDNEY.

This could be an infection in the kidneys or kidney stones too.

UTI or urinary tract infection is due to undue growth of microbes in the  urinary pathway.

This may be caused by spread of infection from a nidus of infection in the tract, from blood or from some other adjacent infectious tissue.

Bladder infection may result in symptoms of urination, frequency urgency etc with fever and lower abdominal pain.

Kidney infection may result in symptoms of pain in the loins, fever, and  urinary symptoms.

If you think that you may have one, please consult your doctor immediately. this is important to ensure that it does not spread and decrease the damage. You would need a urine examination and an xray of your lower abdomen before any other investigations are carried out.

The doctor may examine, run tests and then give antibiotics to help treat the disorder.

Hope this helped, let me know if you may need any more information.