Urology Community

How Long Does Epididymitis Take To Go Away?

I got diagnosed with epididymitis a week ago and the pain has just now began to leave. Is this common and how long does it normally take for the pain to go completely away along with the swelling? My scrotum hasn't swollen and i've had a ultrasound, blood test, and urine sample and all came back negitive for cancer or a tumor. I'm really frightened about it and hope that this is just epididymitis. Also, the epididymitis came after working out and I also have pain in my tighs, is it possible that i pulled my groin and also have epididymitis?

I used to come down with this about every 3 to 4 months requiring a hospital admission.
Some of the pain would radiate down into my legs. It usually would take me about a month or so to get over it.

I've had it too and I was on antibiotics for months before it resolved.  I think the antibiotics caused worse problems because I haven't felt the same since so I would go easy on them, especially cipro.  I got it again a few months ago and it still hasn't completely resolved but I'm not taking any antibiotics right now because I'm worried about their side effects.  For me, wearing briefs rather than boxers gives some support and really helps it heal I think.  Also taking warm baths seems to help.

I have had this numerous times and I must say that warm, hot water give comfort but ice packs are better for this condition.

I used to get it about every 3 to 4 months requiring a hospitalization for about a week.

After my wife and I had our 4 children we decided on a vasectomy to see if it would stop the infections of the testicles. I had a complication with it and ended up loosing the left testicle. I have not had any other bouts of epididimitis or orchitis since 2000.

I hoe that you will be able to get this under control. I know the pain it causes.

All the best.

Ron
Ive had epidimitis for bout 2 weeks now and my right testicle still won't go down now I'm taking cipro 750 and taking ibuprofen should I be more patient??
Go easy on the cipro, i was given this a few weeks ago for epi. took it for 5 days then i could'nt walk for a week as all my lower tendons seized up. now been on a different antibiotic and naproxin for 2 weeks but testicle and groin seem to be no better ive got no swelling but very tender area on the left testicle and lots of pain right in the groin near testicles. does this sound familiar to anyone. ive  had this on and off now for 6 months and getting fed up with it as its taking over my life.
I started having pain on the right side of my testicle nerve (epi) and then i took antibiotics and it went to the left side also. Now i have it on both sides and antibiotics dnt calm much the pain i always feel a dull and uncomfortable pain and *****. Ive had this for about 4 months or more and masturbate about 1 a week now