Urology Community

How do I test/recover from loss of sensitivity or nerve damage in my penis?

I recently turned 30 and just started having sex. When masturbating the past 3-5 years I had a fear that I don't feel very much sensation on the glans or shaft regardless if I am flaccid or erect (oddly I have significant more sensation in the frenulum, but often it is such an intense sensation that I can't tell if it is good or bad sensation). This fear has been confirmed.

When having sex for the first few times I thought it would feel so pleasurable that I would go ejaculate prematurely, but I have noticed that I barely feel stimulation, and the only reason I ejaculate is from excitement and be in positions the really stimulate the freulum, but it is difficult for me to climax.

Additionally I have no issue getting erect, but it feels like weaker erections They are not nearly as intense, engorged or rock hard as from my mid20's. When I touch my penis, especially the glans it usually feels quite cold. Both reasons make me think part of the issue is circulation. When I squeeze my penis I feel the pressure but no sensation of pain or pleasure, generally each sensation is quite numbed.

Until the past month I think I used to watch too much porno (now I have difficulty ejaculating without watching, so maybe I need to reprogram my brain), and masturbate too frequently per day (1-4 times), without lubricant and definitely too tight a squeeze especially when younger. I am trying ween off these habits.

I recently joined a gym to try and increase circulation throughout my body, started eating better, and using vitamin E lotion on my penis daily. The next step in my plan is to stop masturbating altogether for a while and try to let my body naturally heal. I am no doctor so I want recommendations on what other actions to take???

How do I test my penis to see if it is a lack of sensation or nerve damage?

Where are the nerves located in the penis? I thought mostly the glans, but I used get pleasure from the shaft, but I barely feel sensations from that area now.

Is there a medication or vitamin/foods I should start taking?

I don't want to bring this issue to my GP yet, since he is a relative and it is embarrassing.

From your description, the following paragraph says a lot:  "Until the past month I think I used to watch too much porno (now I have difficulty ejaculating without watching, so maybe I need to reprogram my brain), and masturbate too frequently per day (1-4 times), without lubricant and definitely too tight a squeeze especially when younger. I am trying ween off these habits."
     Your penis and brain got used to your rough treatment, so now with a partner, it just doesn't feel the same.  It will take a little time for you to hopefully heal from your technique.  Try to avoid porn and masturbation, conducting all sexual activities with your partner.  Employ plenty of foreplay and, if necessary, use manual or oral methods to stimulate your partner.  Most of the sensation is with the glans and just below, but the shaft should have its own feeling as well.  With a willing partner, it could help to receive slow handjobs with lubrication that would help increase blood flow to your shaft and to test if you can learn to feel normal stimulation over time and eventually ejaculate. You may have to find an alternate GP or nurse-practitioner to deal with these issues.  Your exercise program also sounds like you're making positive changes.