Urology Forum

Hydrocele and Urethra Pain

Last year I had a inguinal hernia repaired via mesh on my left side and noticed I could no longer move my left testicle after surgery.  Recently,  my left testicle has swelled with fluid in wich I beleove it is a Hydrocele. After that, I started having a sharp pain after ejaculation, turning into a burning for upwards of a half an hour. My pain seems to be coming from where my urethra and testicles (Spermatic Cord) meet. The sharp pain to slight burn is through my full urethra going all the back to my bladder.  Would this come from my hydrocele pressing ageist other parts in there or could this be some type of infection?  I am pretty worried about it.  Could the Hydrocele and Urethra Pain Related?  Any thoughts?
Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern. Hydroceles are mainly symptomless and harmless. However large hydroceles cause discomfort because of their size. But still it is very unlikely for the hydroceles to cause pain after ejaculation. For the same you need to get sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia and trichomoniasis and prostatitis ruled out.

Also causes of testicular swelling other than hydrocele like a benign or malignant growth of testicles needs to be evaluated.

Local examination, urethral smear, urine examination, blood tests, prostate specific antigen, ultrasound scrotum and examination of the discharge from penis needs to be done to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.