Urology Community

I am having bladder & kidney problems...can anyone help?

I am a healthy 29 year old mother of three young boys. I had been having a lot of blood in my urine and went to an urgent care center. They were very concerned and sent me to the hospital for a CT scan. I initally had no symptoms other than gross hematuria. The CT scan identified a 1mm kidney stone in my left renal sinus. Since this diagnosis ( about a month ago ) I have developed increasing abdominal pain and back pain, on both sides- not just my left. I still have large amounts of blood in my urine and they dont think this is related to the kidney stone since it is small and due to its location. Everyday, the pain gets worse. My CT scan also showed trac free fluis in the cul-de-sac of uncertain etiology in a normal limit and several small calcifications in the left true pelvis inferiorly, but appear to be outside the ureters and are likely vascular. They are now referring me to a urologist with the thinking that I have bladder stones as well. Anyone have any clue? Could it be cancer or something else? Clearly something is wrong but no one can figure it out! Please help :) p.s. no pain or buring during urination. thanks.
sorry- I meant trace free fluid
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes of haematuria that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, trauma, erosions, ulcers, growths, masses, vascular malformations etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a urologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!