A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

I have a pain in my prostate aera

Hello,
Male 41:
I have a pain in my prostate aera, right epididymis, weak urine stream and a weak erection that started a year ago and will not go away!
I've had Prostate exams, 3 Cystoscops, PSA blood work, Flow Analyzer, Urine test, Ultrasound, CT scan.
ALL NEGATIVE RESULTS
I have taken, Tobramycin, Cipro, Bacclofen, Levaquin, Doxycycline, Flomax, Uroxatrol and Terazosin(this really helps with the weak urine stream) and take lots of Advil.
NOTHING HAS SHOW RESULTS EXCEPT FOR Terazosin.

My Doctor says to have lots of sex but that makes the prostate aera hurt more!!
I still have pain in my prostate aera!
Has anybody in this fourm found any results they can share with me?
Please help

1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
How long have you been taking advil?
Advil has been known to worsen prostate enlargement.

"People with heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, narrow angle glaucoma, or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland should not take this medication unless directed by a doctor"

chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_details.asp?channel_id=0&relation_id=0&brand_name_id=1901&page_no=2

You seem to have responded best to a drug that specifically acts at the prostate gland to relieve symptoms.

"Terazosin (Hytrin) is a selective alpha 1 antagonist used for treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate (BPH). It also acts to lower the blood pressure, and is therefore a drug of choice for men with hypertension and prostate enlargement."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terazosin

Given the above, you should:

Discontinue Advil at the earliest. Switch to other medication that does not have prostate side effects.

Rule out prostatitis with your urologist.
Drink plenty of fluids, in excess of 2000 ml.
Increase intake of natural Vitamin C.
Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and spicy foods.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
regards
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.