Urology Forum

Internal pain in erect penis

My penis becomes quite sore whenever I get an erection.  This has been going on for about a week or two.  The pain feels to be internal and primarily towards the last inch or two near the head.  Other than when I have an erection, it feels completely normal with absolutely no discomfort.  There is no pain when I urinate nor is it sensitive to pressure when flaccid.  There are no external signs of anything wrong (like discoloration, spots, lumps, etc.) and I don
Testing for infection should be considered.  Urine tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia, as well as a rectal exam to palpate the prostate can be considered.  

If infection has been ruled out, a cystoscopy can be considered to evaluate for urethral strictures or polyps.  

You can also consider Peyronie's disease, which a fibrous plaques that can cause penile discomfort and curviture.  An ultrasound may provide further diagnostic information.

These options can be discussed with your urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
0
0
A related discussion, Results of your inquiry was started.
Urology Forum
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.