Urology Community

Irritation on penis - everything back negative - what is it?

HI there,

2 months ago I had unprotected sex on a one night stand. The following morning I developed an irritation on penis which is barely noticeable by eye, but is definitely there.

I have been tested for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HPV1 / HPV2 - I have also had a bacterial swab - everything came back negative. I have also had urine tests - all negative.

Around 2 weeks after the incident I also developed a sharp sting on the left hand side - inside my penis - whenever I passed wind / stools.

Since the above I have been to the GP on 4 occasions (I am based in UK) - the first time I was prescribed cream for thrush (which seemed pointless as I was already clear of bacterial infection?) which I used for 10 days, followed by hydro-cortisone cream - which I used for 10 days, and then followed by taking pills for Urethritis for 10 days. Nothing has worked whatsoever.

Today I went to the GP for a 4th time and she didn't seem particularly interested by my concerns - I had to beg her to be referred to a urologist.

Was begging for the urologist my best bet? Is there anything else I can do? What is this?

My biggest day to problem is wearing underwear and when it rubs gently across the tip of my penis it is uncomfortable. I just pray that this would go away.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.