Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Irritation on penis - everything back negative - what is it?

HI there,

2 months ago I had unprotected sex on a one night stand. The following morning I developed an irritation on penis which is barely noticeable by eye, but is definitely there.

I have been tested for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HPV1 / HPV2 - I have also had a bacterial swab - everything came back negative. I have also had urine tests - all negative.

Around 2 weeks after the incident I also developed a sharp sting on the left hand side - inside my penis - whenever I passed wind / stools.

Since the above I have been to the GP on 4 occasions (I am based in UK) - the first time I was prescribed cream for thrush (which seemed pointless as I was already clear of bacterial infection?) which I used for 10 days, followed by hydro-cortisone cream - which I used for 10 days, and then followed by taking pills for Urethritis for 10 days. Nothing has worked whatsoever.

Today I went to the GP for a 4th time and she didn't seem particularly interested by my concerns - I had to beg her to be referred to a urologist.

Was begging for the urologist my best bet? Is there anything else I can do? What is this?

My biggest day to problem is wearing underwear and when it rubs gently across the tip of my penis it is uncomfortable. I just pray that this would go away.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Responses
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.