Urology Community

Is three weeks too early after a TURP procedure to get discouraged?

My husband's TURP was exactly three weeks ago and the feelings of urgency apparently are not much better than before the surgery.  He is better sleeping through the night with only one or two trips to the bathroom but, during the day, the minute he stands up after sitting for awhile, he feels a great need to urinate quickly.  He also says his testicles are aching particularly in the evening.  Bleeding does not seem to be much of a problem and I know that this can take awhile but he's getting quite discouraged and wondering if this was all worth it.
I hope it was all worth it!  After three weeks, I think I'd expect the urge to urinate to be decreased.  Pain is pretty normal. He shouldn't be heavy lifting or strenuous activity or driving.  And you may want to get him checked for a UTI which can happen post surgery.  That can also increase the urge to pee.  I'm glad he is having less night time urge so that is a positive and as someone who has had to get up a lot myself, that would be very welcome from me.  But I'd check in with his doctor regarding the issue during the day of such urgent need to urinate still.  Let me know what the doctor says.