Urology Community

KIDNEY STONES

OK, here it goes... Last May (2007) I got my first kidney stone, which was removed in emergency surgery (it was blocking my kidney).  I have since then made three more stones and have had each one result in a blockage of the kidney and the ER admitting me for surgery.  I have another stone in my right kidney as of right now but for some reason, my left kidney is killing me!!!!  Ever since the last two surgeries which were both on my left kidney, it seems as though it is not working right.  Test are showing my kidney function is good, but why am I in so much pain on the left side if my stone is on the right?  I am really getting frustrated and need to learn what I should do so I can return to a normal lifestyle.  Has anyone ever heard of this soreness in a kidney?  HELP!!!!

Have you any KUB CT scan done ? This may help show any structural abnormalities ( adhesions, strictures ) or even stones in the urinary tract. Some stones ( cystine stones ) may not be readily detected in plain radiographs. A Ct scan may also rule out involvement of other structures that may case the pain
( gastrointestinal structures).

Discuss this with your physician as well as your need for pain management.

I hope this helps.