Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

KIdney Stones

I was told y the doctors a couple days ago that i have a kidney stone. The  pain was sevre for the first couple of day but now it has began to die down a bit. Though now i hsve been experienceing the urge to urinate all the time but when i go to the bathroom only a little comes out. What exactly does that mean?
1 Responses
Definitely sounds like you have a kidney stone.  I have had about half a dozen of them.  The last one I had to have surgically removed but the other ones I passed.  What you are experiencing is normal.  Generally you feel the pain as the stone goes from the kidney, through the ureter, to the bladder.  While it just kind of hangs out in the bladder, it causes your bladder to spasm a bit making you feel like you really need to go even though there is not much urine in there.  I know it is difficult to do, but try to drink a whole lot of fluid and wait quite awhile before going to the bathroom.  Use force when you do go to the bathroom.  If you let your bladder get full and then push when you go,  you have a better chance of getting the stone to leave your bladder and get into the urethra.  Once it is in the urethra, it comes out pretty easily.  Hope you are able to pass it quickly.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.