Urology Community

Kidney Stones w/Crystals

I was diagnosed with kidney stones and spent four days in the hospital getting pain meds and fluids.  I passed what looked like crystals, many,many of these along with some (7) noticeable brown jagged 'stones'.  I am now home but am still having severe lower abdomen and lower back pain.  Should this have passed by now or should I go back to the hospital.  Is there a chance of irrepairable damage from this episode?
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Possibilities that may need to be considered include residual stones, trauma/ injuries, inflammation etc. If the pain is mild-moderate, I would suggest taking plenty of fluids and pain killers suggested by the doctor. If severe, I would advise visiting the ER. A review by a urologist may be sought at a later date.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!