Urology Community

Kidney calculus

my mum have a stones in the mid pole kidney around 4mm.
Pass urine normally, intermittent pain
No other health problems
what action should we take now
First of all ask your mother to drink plenty of water. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and seeking treatment depending on the size of the stone. If the size of the stone is small, it’s usually treated with ESWL in which shock waves are given from outside and stone breaks into small pieces. On the other hand, if the stone is quite big, then the surgical removal of the stone is a better option. Please do ask your mother to continue to drink lots of water for it does facilitate at least in preventing the formation of new stones if not the flushing out of the present stones.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hi, Dr J Singh...thank you for your replying...
The doctor ask my mum to drink more water and ask my mum scan the stone after 6 months..The surgeon will not perform ESWL since the stone is small..
Dr J Singh, can my mum drink milk right now?As i know some of the calculus is made of calcium...
Although there are kidney stones as calcium stones but Drinking milk does not cause kidney stones. Hence your mother can take dairy products under her doctor’s guidance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.