Urology Community

Kidney problems... I think?

So, I have lost 10 LBS in the last 3 weeks doing 45 - 60 mins of cardio each day, and on average I driink 56-80 Oz of water a day. Over the last couple days I have been feeling sluggish, I have to really push myself to do even 30 mins at the gym. Around the same time I started getting pain in my side, I know enough about anatomy to know where I get the pain, is where my kidney is. Its not a constant pain, but when it comes on its crippling and it feels like a really long needle has been put into my side. My urine has also been a really dark yellowy orange, and kinda cloudy... even though I think I drink more than enough water to stay hydrated, stranger yet, it smells like plastic. I have never had an STD, or a UTI. I am  currently 5'11, 228 lbs, I am on a reduced calorie diet, about 1700 a day. I eat mostly fruit, veggies, rice, and chicken.
Any ideas on whats going on?
For cloudy urine and such crippling pain, the most common cause is stones in kidney which is blocking urine pathway. It can also be due to retention of urine anywhere in its flow due to obstruction. The obstruction can be due to abnormality of structures since birth, stones or diseases like tumors. So you should get done an ultrasound, CT scan and also urine examination and kidney function tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.