Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Kidney problems... I think?

So, I have lost 10 LBS in the last 3 weeks doing 45 - 60 mins of cardio each day, and on average I driink 56-80 Oz of water a day. Over the last couple days I have been feeling sluggish, I have to really push myself to do even 30 mins at the gym. Around the same time I started getting pain in my side, I know enough about anatomy to know where I get the pain, is where my kidney is. Its not a constant pain, but when it comes on its crippling and it feels like a really long needle has been put into my side. My urine has also been a really dark yellowy orange, and kinda cloudy... even though I think I drink more than enough water to stay hydrated, stranger yet, it smells like plastic. I have never had an STD, or a UTI. I am  currently 5'11, 228 lbs, I am on a reduced calorie diet, about 1700 a day. I eat mostly fruit, veggies, rice, and chicken.
Any ideas on whats going on?
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
For cloudy urine and such crippling pain, the most common cause is stones in kidney which is blocking urine pathway. It can also be due to retention of urine anywhere in its flow due to obstruction. The obstruction can be due to abnormality of structures since birth, stones or diseases like tumors. So you should get done an ultrasound, CT scan and also urine examination and kidney function tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.