Urology Community

Kidney stone nightmare

I have kidney stones that are too large to pass.  My Dr put a stint in my (R) kidney leading into my bladder to keep the kidney from getting blocked but couldn't blast the stones due to only having the machine that does this every three weeks.  This was four weeks ago!  I now have an appointment to have this blasting done on the 15th.  This means I have to live in pain and feeling sick all the time until then!  I did pass two stones last weekend from my (L) kidney.  I felt like I was in hard labor for four days.  having my 10lb 3 oz daughter was easy compared to this.  Is is normal to be so sick with this?  I have fevers on and off and clammy sweats with chills alot.  Last night my ears got so hot and red and my head felt like it was going to blow up.  Every time I call the Dr he says "this is normal".  Nothing about any of this feels normal.  I still have two stones that my body is trying to pass but can't due to the stint.  I feel awful.  What can I do?????
For kidney stones that are too large to pass, ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) may be done to break the stone in small particles which can then pass comfortably through the stent. In this shock waves are given from outside and stone breaks into small pieces. On the other hand, if the stone is quite big, then the surgical removal of the stone is a better option.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.