Urology Community

Kidney stone

I am suffering from the formation of kidney stoone frequently. While stone position in kidney, I will notice it easily. My stomatch stars to swealling, right side of lower stomatch gets pain.

could you suggest how I can get full relief from it?
Hi there.
If you are suspecting kidney stones, I suggest getting yourself examined. You should visit a surgeon. Get a urine examination and an ultrasound/x-ray to confirm if there really is a stone. Accordingly the size and site of the stone can be detected. Small stones do not need to be treated and will be passed in the urine if you ensure good fluid intake so that it is passed out. Bigger stones will need other forms of treatment like surgery, lithotripsy, shock wave therapy etc.

Regards,
Khirodh
Hi there,
Kidney stones are common these days. A stone usually stays inside one of your kidneys, it usually doesn't cause a problem unless it becomes so large it blocks the flow of urine. This can cause pressure and pain, along with the risk of kidney damage, bleeding and infection. Smaller stones may partially block the thin tubes that connect each kidney to your bladder or the outlet from the bladder itself. These stones may cause ongoing urinary tract infections or kidney damage if left untreated.
Treatment options:
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL). This is a commonly used procedure for treating kidney stones. It uses shock waves to break the stones into tiny pieces that are then passed in your urine. In some cases, you may be partially submerged in a tub of water during the procedure. In others, you may lie on a soft cushion. You'll generally require sedation or light anesthesia due to moderate pain caused by the shock waves.
Percutaneous nephrolithotomy. When ESWL isn't effective, or the stone is very large, your surgeon may remove your kidney stone through a small incision in your back using an instrument called a nephroscope.
Ureteroscopic stone removal. This procedure may be used to remove a stone lodged in a ureter. The stone is snared with a small instrument (ureteroscope) that's passed into the ureter through your bladder. Ultrasound or laser energy also can be directed through the scope to shatter the stone. These methods work especially well on stones in the lower part of the ureter.
Alsto the cause of these frequent stones needs to be evaluated. Please visit a urologist in this regard.
If you have any further queries do get in touch with me.
Regards,
Dr Sylvester, MD