Urology Community

Kidney stones-stent

Had laser on a stone last Monday and now about to get my stent out tues. I have been in terrible pain since the stent has been in... Trying to drink as much water as possible... I don't want scarring I can't afford to be in dull pain for a long period of time. They are sedating me to remove stent. It burns and stings badly when I urinate. Is this normal?

Stents can cause discomfort or pain, commonly in the bladder and kidney (loin) area, but sometimes in other areas such as the groin, urethra and genitals. You can get pain killers prescribed and if the pain is not relieved then you may need removal of the stent.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.