This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Large Ball(lump, bump) on right scrotum...

Hello Dr.

    I hope you can help me. My name is Brian and I am 38 years old. About 7 months ago I found a BB sized lump on my right scrotum under the skin. After a few days it grew in size and after that it went back down to BB size. Well, just this past Tuesday morning(12/05/06) it has literally increased TWICE the size overnight after 7 months. And to my surprise got even larger the next morning. I've been viewing alot of emails on here and none of them are quite the same as what I'm experiencing. Today it is the size of a marble and it hurts to poke at it. When I move a certain way, or bend over it almost feels like it's stretching and becomes dully painful. I can reach with my finger and thumb and grab it from the back and it doesn't feel like it's attached to my testicle, but... Anyway, there is no discoloration on the top of the skin, just a small "stretch mark" skin effect. I often get the same type of "lump" under my armpits, but they go away after a few days. I drink alot of Cafeinne, and someone told me once the bumps were do to that. At first I thought that this bump was an ingrown hair or something minimal like that, but now I'm really scared. And I'm afraid of what a doctor might say to an ultrasound. What if it's bad news and there's nothing anyone can do about it? Please help, scared to death.... Brian - ***@****
Read more
Discussion is closed
Follow - 0
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
A cyst, hydrocele, varicocele or dermatological condition are all possible.  Of course, testicular cancer would be the most serious of the causes and needs to be ruled out.

The first test to consider would be a scrotal ultrasound - which can discern many of the potential causes.  

If negative, I would consider a referral to a urologist, or dermatologist if the lump is near the surface.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed