Urology Community
19.3k Members
Avatar universal

Loss of sensation


I have recently encountered an unusual loss of sensation in my penis (the last week or so). I can achieve and maintain an erection to the point of ejaculation easily, but there is a distressing lack of sensation upon climax, followed by a light tingling/aching sensation in my penis.

This was never the case previously and I can't think of any factors that have changed that would cause it.

I'm 18 and still a virgin, so that rules out any possibility of STDs.

I'm starting to fear permanent nerve damage which is stressing me out a lot, since the imminent opportunities to lose my virginity, combined with a complete lack of ability to *** would be extremely annoying for a teenage guy (as you can imagine).

Am I just overreacting? Should I leave it a few weeks and see what happens then see a urologist if I see no improvement?

Thanks for the help

Much appreciated
3 Responses
Avatar universal

Any comments at all?

In need of advice asap

Avatar universal

I'm sorry to say I don't know what could be causing your symptoms.  I'll leave that to Jessica if she takes a look at this.

However, I am posting to reassure you that you are not alone.  On the men's health forum there are literally dozens of us having issues like this in one form or another.  Some of us have prostatitis-like symptoms, some of us have neurological symptoms, etc. etc.  

The best advice I can give is - go to your urologist now, rather than later.  There are guys on the men's health forum who have been literally looking for a treatment for years now.  You might have something completely different than them, but the best advice is to get to a doctor as soon as you can, get as many tests/workups as you can, and get the process started early.

Avatar universal

I understand your concern.

At this point, would you be able to point out a particular trigerring event?

When you say lack of sensation, you mean the area does not feel anything?

Is there any prior history of trauma or injury to the abdomen or groin?

Are you taking any medications or drug supplements?

Have you engaged yourself in any exercises such as cycling?

What I can think of as a differential for your case is a pudendal neuralgia.The pudendal nerve supplies the groin including the genitalia.Impingement of the nerve or its irritation may cause a tingling and burning sensation, and even pain or numbness in the area.

I suggest that you seek consult with a urologist for an initial assessment and discuss this with him.

This may not be something serious.Several patients would complain of a burning sensation or numbness in the groin area which resolve spontaneously on their own.However, I still suggest an initial urologic assessment.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.