Urology Forum

Lump under skin of penis

About a week ago I started seeing a mass under the skin of my penis, it's located just under the head on the shaft it's on the top side of my penis (looking down, penis straight out), it a oval shape not very big with a cord like thing. It's there erect or not. It doesn't hurt or cause any discomfert what so ever, it does not appear to be getting any bigger, it moves around kinda freely, it almost looks like a snake with the head being the lump and the cord being the body. When I push on it, it will go away for a couple of days and come back, it can be poked and messed with and not hurt what so ever. I not sexually active, expect for masterbation.
Difficult to say without examination.

Possibilities can include a mass, cyst, or penile vein thrombosis.

I recommend an ultrasound to further evaluate the lesion.  A cyst or thrombosis typically aren't dangerous.  In the case of the latter, conservative measures like NSAIDs and warm packs are recommended.

However, if the ultrasound shows a mass, further tests like a biopsy may be needed to exclude cancer.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
also I for got to say their is no discoloring, everything looks normal expect the lump.
I had a similiar lesion on the head of the penis. It was there one day and 3 days later it flattened out to be nothing but some pink skin with like a line in it that was slightly raised. There was no pain in it at all. The pink skin became like silvery skin that lasted about 3 weeks before being totally gone and I did get a small white circle mark.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.