Urology Community

Male UTI or something else?

Im 24 years old. I was in a relationship with a girl for 4-5 months from may 2012 till september. we had unprotected sex and she was on the pill. She told me she had been tested prior to us doing anything and that she was clean. Around the fourth month She said she tested positive for HPV via pap smear. She said her doctor said it shouldnt affect me and there is only a small risk of cancer. So im assuming the its the type that doesnt cause warts. Well about 6 weeks after we broke i experienced a burning sensation in my penis when i urinated and after. It also felt like i had to urinate often. That was my only symptom. I went to the doctor (hospital because i dont have money) and he didnt give me a physical exam but gave me antibiotics and sent me home.

A week or two after i finish the antibiotics my symptoms disappeared and were gone for 3 weeks or so. Then it came back and has been bothering for the past two weeks. My only symptoms is the burning sensation in my penis before,during, and after urination. Its almost like a pinching feeling inside the tip. I also have an urge to urinate especially at night. I have to go to the bathroom many times but not much comes out. Those are my only symptoms. The doctor last time thought it was a bacterial std and gave me antibiotics. From what people have told me it sounds like a UTI. Is that possible for a male and if so should i go back to a doctor and ask for another antibiotic? I have no insurance or money so i have to go to the hospital again.
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Urinary urgency and frequency may indeed be due to a urinary tract infection. If the initial antibiotic did not work, further tests such as urine test and culture and sensitivity may need to be done. Further evaluation by a urologist may help. If the case is indeed UTI, it is possible that there is resistance to the first antibiotic. Drinking plenty if fluids may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
those two are the only symptoms. Urge to urinate and a burning/stinging/pinching feeling inside the tip. No sores or blisters present from what i can see. The tip feels really sensitive. Penis is also very warm during ejaculation. I am trying to avoid sex as it feels slightly painful inside but the pain isnt severe.