Avatar universal

No ejaculation and can he get it back?

My husband (40y.o) has had ejaculation problems for going on four years now. I know he does have low testosterone and is diabetic. He doesn't ejaculate at all. He does *** and has no problem preforming or trying to. He does have a low sex drive but there has been about twice I have let him know in four years there was a little (next to none) ejaculation. He has seen an urologist which as come up with nothing other then retarded ejaculation  but makes no sense to me. Just one day with no warning it just stopped coming out and every thing else was normal and still is. I guess I am wanting to see if others have had this problem. And do you think that if he gets his diabetes in order and the testosterone levels up he would be able to ejaculate again?  We want children and can get no answers. Thanks so much!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I agree with the urologist because it can be retrograde ejaculation. Diabetes can cause neuropathy of the bladder sphincter and hence retrogarde ejaculation. Retrograde ejaculation caused by diabetes or surgery may be improved with a medication that improves the muscle tone of the bladder neck.

In addition he should control his blood sugar levels and do some kegel exercises to tone up the muscles.

Other common cause of such symptoms are ejaculatory duct obstruction, medications for treating high blood pressure, prostate enlargement and mood disorders, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury or seminal vesicle obstruction. Sometimes procedures like prostatectomy, transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP), transurethral microwave therapy (TUMT), transurethral needle ablation (TUNA), laser therapy of prostate  and transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) may also cause such symptoms. I suggest you to consult a urologist and get some investigations done. These include blood sugar levels, blood tests, ultrasound of the prostate, ejaculatory ducts and seminal vesicles and BP monitoring. I

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Thanks so much for writing back to me! What I am not understanding is the urologist stated retarded ejaculation which I understand it to be different then retrograde ejaculation. He did tell him he doesn't think it would be retrograde due to his sensations he still feels before, during and after sex. So I am a little lost I would love to do more test but the insurance doesn't cover it. So we will see one day just hope it's not too late. Thanks again :)
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
As far as the other number of things you listed the only one that applies would be medication for High Blood Pressure. I will hope to get the ultrasounds done but need to find a good doctor because this one seems to want to do nothing. Anyways thanks once more.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.