Urology Community

Non STD urethra irritation

I'm a 30 year old male. About a year ago, after sex with my girlfriend at the time, I started to notice symptoms including a very slight burning sensation during urination, light discharge from my penis and a slight itching sensation in my urethra. I dismissed it as a UTI and tried to treat it as such.

After the relationship ended, my partner got tested. All tests for stds came back negative but she was diagnosed with BV(bacterial vaginosis) She was told obviously that she couldn't pass this on to a male partner. However, I still had symptoms and decided to get checked. I was treated with a shot and one dosage of antibiotics. My tests came back negative for both chlamydia and gonorrhea. Most of my symptoms seemed to go away but now I have a slight redness and irritation around the opening of my urethra that is made worse by masturbation or any friction. I have had no sexual contact with anyone for at least a year now and I have yet to have been told what this could be. Any help or suggestions of treatment would be appreciated.